Prism Enclosures Limited
13 Greenhill Crescent,
Tel: +44 (0) 1923 698230
Fax: +44 (0) 1923 211190
Registered in the UK
Registration No. 05091765
We will collect and process information in accordance with the following policies:
- We respect your personal information and undertake to comply with applicable Data Protection legislation.
- All data collected from you will be transmitted to servers where it will be processed.
- We confirm that any personal details, which you provide to us (or which are available on public registers) from which we can identify you, are held in accordance with our Data Protection Registration Notification. When you register your details with us, we consider the information you input as private.
- Collecting information provides specific benefits to our website visitors. Collecting your information will allow us to process your order and to better advise you of goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- We use the information for the following purposes:
- processing any order or enquiry from you
- processing your interest in us, whether as a potential employee or customer or supplier
- for statistical purposes to improve the services we provide
- to administer our business
- to notify you of topics that may be of interest to you
- completing or supporting any transaction or activity you have with us
- research and development
- tailoring the website for its visitors
- analysis and reporting
- to build records of individual visitors
- contacting our visitors for promotion of the site or products.
- In the event that your personal information is no longer used by us for the purposes outlined in these policies, we will delete it except insofar as it is necessary to retain such information to comply with other relevant or applicable law.
- In the event that your personal data becomes untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or in any event, you have the right to gain access to your personal data and may rectify the same.
- In the event that you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, please write to us c/o The Data Protection Controller, Prism Enclosures Ltd at the address stated above, stating your full name, address, your e-mail address and your day time contact phone number and notify us that you no longer wish to receive promotional material from us.
- We allow our visitors to access their own information where this relates to account and order processing information. (For example, users can access things such as their online account details).
- You agree that you do not object to us, or such third parties contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999 or the equivalent under local applicable law.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, to provide your user information and/or information concerning your activities whilst using this web site we shall do so. We also reserve the right to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of this web site, and that use is deemed by us inconsistent with these terms.
- We may use “cookies” and other software so as to be able to build up a profile of your interests and preferences and this may be used by us to develop and operate our business.
- We may disclose to third parties aggregated data on the use of this web site or our services, provided that a single individual is not identifiable in such data.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All account information you use or supply on Prism’s Web site when ordering or tracking products is completely secure. We use the most advanced encryption technology to protect you from unauthorised use of information supplied on our Web site.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is the industry standard security protocol used to encode sensitive information such as credit card numbers that pass between your personal computer and Prism’s e-Commerce site. SSL works by creating a temporary shared “key” or session that lets only the computers on either end of a transmission scramble and unscramble information. The SSL transmission is indecipherable by any individuals or servers that relay the message between the sender and the receiver. When your web browser enters Prism’s secure Web site, our server hosting the site acknowledges your web browser with a “server hello.” In return, your browser responds with a “client hello.” This communication allows for the browser and server to determine the level of encryption they both support and will use. Once “hellos” are exchanged, your browser will ask for Prism’s “digital certificate.” The certificate acts as our “commerce ID” to ensure you that the transactions are between you and Prism. Companies receive digital certificates from a Certificate Authority. A Certificate Authority verifies a company’s identification and then issues a unique certificate as proof of identity.
Next, the browser and the server create a “master key.” This master key is a codebook that both sides use to encode and decode transmissions. Only your browser and our server share that master key which is good only for that particular session. The unique key allows your browser and our server to exchange sensitive information in a way third parties can’t understand.
Once your transactions are complete and you leave our secure site, the master key you once held with the server becomes useless. When you re-enter the secure site, the hello, digital certificate and master key process start over again.
Links Beyond Prism
We may include links on Prism’s web site to other companies’ sites. Prism is not responsible for the privacy policies and content of those sites.
Changes You Can Make
Order/Contact Information: To make any changes to your order, please contact your personal account executive. If you are unable or do not have a personal account executive please feel free to contact us via email or phone at +44 (0) 1923 698230 or please use our Customer Support Center.
To subscribe to our Subscription Service, please click here and fill out the subscription form. To change your email address, please visit our Subscription Service where you can change the appropriate entry.
We use Google Analytics to track user behaviour to enhance our site.
We also use Remarketing to advertise online.
That you’ve implemented and use Display Advertising so third-party vendors, including Google, show your ads on sites across the Internet.
Both ourselves and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website.